UI Product Designer
Chmura Economics & Analytics (Chmura) is a leading economic advisory and technology development firm specializing in “big data” analytics. We have an exciting opportunity for a UI Product Designer to join our Data Science and Technology team. You’ll work with an amazing team of economists and data scientists.
Chmura's Cleveland office is in the Downtown/Playhouse Square district, and we are looking for creative and driven people who can perform and grow with our company.
Role and Responsibilities
In this position, you will design user interfaces that allow our users to access complex data sets with ease and efficiency. You will work with our product team in all aspects of the design process: building wire frames, creating high res workflows, and collaborating closely with engineering to implement designs.
- Work with product team in all aspects of the design process
- Identify and establish user flow/experience
- Design beautiful and intuitive user interfaces
- Build wire frames and hi-res mock ups
- Ability to generate various mock up options with different approaches
- Ability to design iconography
- Assist in presentation of designs to internal and external users
- Collaborate with engineering on implementation
- Ability to design and build products for desktop and mobile experiences that are grounded in customer insights and business goals.
- Demonstrable skills in creating pixel-perfect design mocks.
- Skilled in relevant design tools such as Adobe CC (XD, Illustrator, Photoshop) or others.
- Experience working closely with Product Managers and Engineers to ship real products.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Manage multiple simultaneous design projects.
- Strong understanding of Information hierarchy
- 5+ years of product design experience.
- Experience in iterative design process
- Portfolio that demonstrates design solutions with strong visual and interaction design skills that includes responsive websites.
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree
- Experience working with agile teams using Kanban.
- Data visualization interest or experience.
- Ability to code HTML/CSS/JS nice to have.
- Comfort talking to customers.
- Interest in user feedback/requests
- Basic understanding of Angular, Angular Material, AngularJS Material, Material Design
How to Apply:
Click here to apply.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package in a casual work environment. Relocation assistance is available, but we are not able to provide sponsorship currently.
Chmura Economics & Analytics is an Equal Opportunity Employer.